Recently Retired Elementary Teacher,
United Methodist Minister’s Wife
Mother of two sons
The second among seven siblings,
Sandra Godfrey entered school with a
Life-long Love for Learning.
1. Movement empowers the brain.
2. Choice stimulates student interest, and
3. Variety is the spice of learning.
A United Methodist minister’s wife,
Mrs.Godfrey has served in
fourteen north Georgia communities:
Newnan, Glenn, LaGrange, Carrollton, Griffin, Graysville, Pine Mountain, Locust Grove, Forsyth, Varnell, Rome, Woodstock, and Holly Springs,
where she worked primarily with children and youth.
She has taught in
Troup, Carroll, Whitfield, Floyd and Cherokee Counties.
A middle grades teacher (3-5) Mrs. Godfrey has also
1. Beta Club advisor,
2. Spelling Bee coordinator,
3. Early Intervention teacher,
4. Curriculum/Technology co-chair, and on three
5. Leadership Teams.
Her favorite memories however, are of
mom-schooling two sons
Kevin and Jonathan, into college.
A graduate of Troup High School, LaGrange College and Piedmont College,
1. Sandra holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Elementary Education.
2. She holds a Specialist Degree in Curriculum and Instruction.
3. Also, a graduate of the Institute of Children’s Literature,
Mrs. Godfrey recalls the joy of seeing her writing published by
1. Highlights for Children: three crafts
2. Shining Star Publications: three books,
Teach Me Respect, Jesus Loves Me, a best seller, and
Activities for Kindergarteners.
3. World Vision: “Crocodile Sandwiches.”
Guideposts for Kids: “The Little Church that Floated Away”
4. The Upper Room: three devotionals.
And, with her husband, Kenneth, Sandra co-published
5. Practicing the Presence of God for Children,
Brother Lawrence’s classic story on making a habit of prayer.
Flynn and the Dragonfly is Mrs. Godfrey’s debut novel.
Currently the Godfreys live in Pine Mountain near beautiful Callaway Gardens and
in the warm and wonderful town of Holly Springs.